How to Create Your First Blog

I’ve been blogging now for about 2 years,Guest Posting and I’m amazed at the amount of traffic that I get from my blog and the number of people who tell me that they first heard about me from my blog instead of my website. The word blog is derived from the term “web log”, or an online diary or journal. If the HBO series “Sex and the City” were being filmed today, Carrie Bradshaw would be a blogger as well as a columnist, I think. Why? As she experiences her revelations about life, love, and relationships, she could post them to her blog for the world to see and comment upon.

Powerline Blog

Blogging has opened website creation to almost everyone, as it takes very little know-how to get a blog up and running. In fact, many service business owners are using a blog platform as their primary website, with some of them creating static pages as you would find on a traditional website, while others are using the platform as a blog and are posting updates regularly.There are several advantages to using blogs instead of ezines or traditional websites:1. Search engines love blogs. The strategy that seems to be attractive to search engines today is regularly updated content. I can log-in to my blog at the beginning of a day and submit a post. Within 24 hours I’ll get a notification from my Google alerts account that Google has indexed that post.2. Content can be distributed quickly. If you instruct your visitors to subscribe to your blog via updating services like Bloglines or Feedblitz, they’ll be notified within hours of any new posts on your blog.3. Little web programming knowledge is required. Once your blog is set up, it’s simply a matter of logging into your account, typing the info for you post, adding graphics or photos as needed, and publishing your post to your blog.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *